Wednesday, November 07, 2012

I send out around 300 emails a week to schools offering free author talks and receive perhaps one or two replies. Now, very much like closing the door after the horse has bolted, I have an idea for reeling in some more schools. When I take part in book signings I often talk to pupils from schools I haven't yet visited. Now, if I had a card ready for them to hand to their teacher, something on the lines of:

(name) met a real author today at Waterstone's Sutton. (He/She) thought that your school (School name) might like a free author talk from the author, Debra J Edwards. (followed by a little bit about me and the books).

After the horse has bolted - well, I have probably given around 50 talks already! Still some ideas are slow to form...

Other ideas gratefully received!

No comments: