Thursday, October 26, 2006

Me - write a book??

I was never really one of those writers who had always wanted to become an author as a child. I wanted to be a window dresser! The fact that my artwork was actually rubbish did not deter me. I was determined to be a window dresser and guess what - at fifteen I left school ( no exams taken!) and became ... a banker!! So much for doing what you really want to do! I stayed with banking for quite a few years and accquired a marriage and two children on the way.
Yet still at this point there was no story even contemplating entering my head. I don't even think I read that much at this point, so what changed? Well, let's just say that after my first marriage collapsed I found new confidence. I started to realise that I could do anything I put my mind to and with that went off to college to train for five long years to become a teacher. Then the strangest things started happening in my mind ...

No comments: